RE: LF: The return of EbNaut for Dummies

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: The return of EbNaut for Dummies
From: VIGILANT Luis Fernández <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2018 11:40:48 +0000
Accept-language: es-ES, en-US
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Stefan

Thank you for the detailed explanation. I prefer to understand the process rather than getting a working .usr

So, excuse me again for dumming again  J

All understood about the length and relation to FFT windows time (length) in SL. Width was un unknown parameter for me

And I’m afraid the problem is about the width:

>> Choose the FFT width and length to suit your settings. The width is maybe 10 * 1/(symbol length) or more

Lets say 1Hz minimum for a 10 sec symbol leght, right ?

So, in the FFT configuration window the only way to get >1Hz(1.3Hz) for “Width of one FFT-bin” is to reduce decimation to 1

and then set FFT length to 32768 to get some “FFT window time (length)”. But then, the indows time is just 743ms

which will not cover the length of the message at all

I’m stucked here. Can’t get >width with 30 minutes FFT lenghts. I’m using 44.100Hz sample rate L

The FFT input type is “Complex ith internal frequency shift”. But even using “Real FFT starting at 0Hz” doesn’t improve much

Decimation at 1536 and FFT length 65535 produces “Width of one FFT” at 438uHz and FFT windows time 38 min. So this time

good length but small width

What I’m doing wrong ?

73 de Luis

EA5DOM