Re: R: LF: Antenna environment changes

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: R: LF: Antenna environment changes
From: Rik Strobbe <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2018 10:42:10 +0000
Accept-language: nl-BE, en-GB, en-US
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Paul,

getting 1 W EIRP on 137 kHz is indeed not easy for many of us.
With my 450W TX I managed to get an antennacurrent of almost 2A in winter.
My antenna was a 14m high and 25m long inverted-L with 3 parallel topload
wires, estimated Rrad = 0.06 Ohm.
In theory my EIRP should have been close 700mW (taking into account the
directivity of a short vertical = 3).
But I was brought back to earth by measurements and calculations done by the
late PA0SE, who estimated EIRP 100mW at best, more likely 50mW.
That meanth that I would have needed 5kW TX power to het 1 W EIRP!

73, Rik  ON7YD