Re: LF: Re: [rsgb_lf_group] SDR dongles and ferrite rods / loops ?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: [rsgb_lf_group] SDR dongles and ferrite rods / loops ?
From: Andy G0FTD <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2018 14:22:26 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:references:in-reply-to:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=6VQ9EjuOqwP6PRI74iissvtqth2HrYcg4ApEg7GUZyI=; b=twh/zfnY9HRrsufo/c4Ob6EQtQWQqzCuYTQbYfQ9FH1wLx7ReRcBfpoJSHRJh0bcQ9 GQE0JvbNhZ4tcRXpPLHii/3HBB9hM0Rn0Yx6Ltp+n4eIkHigzkMr8YzHSD0hkXS6wNlU UQFO+cehPi6RuOq2sKrYIPWOb0g5L87vLQqHVvIVT0DK7GUq3DxsQrXK5Gwgt2Qj++jC aKC+l4qHfnFd63GvgnY8iUZd3EJYns9CtvswKRqsVxMUzUtDP4G2bEHfAwusBeAwY0Tc 9LCUBfQwx500zNizPvzW4LUrKe3ObDoVUzVOAMlpLV/7lnwy6yNvp+tVpF7t+XLhrDKG O54w==
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Roelof,

Thanks for the good news ;-)

I have a few dongles here.

I am waiting for an "official" V3 dongle from RTL.COM, and I also have one of those dongles that have been put into
a bigger box with 2 x SMA connectors.

I have only used this on 7Mhz so far.

So with this good news I ight be able to produce a 476Khz grabber, RTL Dongle and Raspbery Pi P, hide it away and just let it
run.

I was initially thinking of a 2.5m square loop, tuned with capacitance (I was not sure if this would be good enough
without a pre-amp), or maybe a large ferrite rod and pre-amp.

Of course, this assumes anyone want's to use much QRSS these days.

I am of course a big QRSS fan here, but on HF. ( I am also admin to http://www.swharden.com/qrss/plus/ website).

I wonder how is the impedance on the V3 dongle - 50R or other ?

73 de Andy G0FTD