LF: Re: [rsgb_lf_group] SDR dongles and ferrite rods / loops ?

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: [rsgb_lf_group] SDR dongles and ferrite rods / loops ?
From: "Roelof Bakker" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2018 14:43:52 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Andy,

I have used a RTL-SDR.Com V3 dongle running in direct sampling mode under SDR#.

You should be aware that it lacks sensitivity at LF and is prone to overload
from Medium Wave
broadcast stations. A tuneable pre-amplifier will take care of these problems.

Though only 8 bit, with correct gain distribution results are excellent when
using a suitable
antenna. I have used it with a mini-whip and also with a triangle 10 meter
circumference
'large aperture' loop, feeding a LZ1AQ amplifier.

73,
Roelof Bakker, pa0rdt