Re: ULF: A short summer experiment on the 191 km band

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: ULF: A short summer experiment on the 191 km band
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2018 00:46:50 +0200
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=posteo.de; s=2017; t=1528152412; bh=YDeB2nxkBIRuyL8CaGCWx0+RceYEWX+J/l2zI4m9z6I=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:From; b=enQOTF1isuULZRIs6yLyCddfeSmqcg4F7XF2gLvndk8WsE9BZIPuoOflpfYYvqEKn IG8X6OQB2TVV+4rUfXMgy23mkeCg4qdu0qRunLbnS9Izykp9BLN/nPixUyv5NCrthm 1HzoqtyaYo4fTjPMo2bfBfgrEpmXT+dgRWsXc8buB4wCwZCFCSuX0NfqsaUmMt7nNW IP+OoF0QDpP7l+H7JgD8/8O9yzJJfVfff5aFBeT8p0SbieGaN9Mo3Z4OUc+5TkDSHr wkHiFyW9fXj88mQjD0Rth0YXETRJE48tNECuXiNfrsR6NlwdsECDUws/mONwEGYmmv SjVhE4HqBbqqw==
Sender: [email protected]
...and here are some more images, showing spectrograms from the 2 hour long carrier transmission. A spectrogram is more common in the LF world maybe.
Amazing, the carrier reaches 25 dB in 424 uHz. Even in 3.8 mHz ('DFCW-600') it is still 'O copy'. The wideband spectrogram shows how vlfrx tools' filter curves look and how the hum and sferics are removed.

I calculated that the far field begins at just 30.4 km distance on that band. I'm not so far away...

73, Stefan