LF: For anyone on Windows 10 with a broken USB set up since MS "Upgrade"

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: For anyone on Windows 10 with a broken USB set up since MS "Upgrade"
From: Chris Wilson <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2018 10:24:53 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=date:from:message-id:to:subject:mime-version :content-transfer-encoding; bh=D99Ibe1IWpwsHf7culPmniGfTLlvwo6wwsm6EyvqC/E=; b=LFsjswdNPJGpnNt7QUBqm700pUkyku0/k8uAzvNyOAO9F6svXYLIHOcz/8kwjYWPtJ 3z9XkLjlYMB3/Pa1umitNRHUXzZ50xX9PAt0wfTGfHHS386sWOeMyyxs5S8tjeOpNAKD tiqggxe7J35+MDQ+wiI7FWVkcFRo4sprx3uDGGvFm6BRSr5XPqfbTInEiKvSfrP5d8vu p6Jc+SgTckbQDP132gCUc+8UiyA5GztvXNn8Z24B+5njitdHE6AEQLiXAHjGrUyk+rvU 8jNTvr39CNUpBUGKZ0cLYC5cVVy+AR1OeBMWGZ5KtH3RoV/NTiS1PIfXXuEMV6nHHgff rZZA==
Sender: [email protected]

Hello LF'ers,

It seems Microsoft's Spring upgrade for Win10 has caused some grief in
the USB audio department and WSPR and other audio USB connected apps
have stopped communicating. I avoid 10 like the plague due to updates
breaking stuff and stick with Win7, but was asked to look at a
friend's PC yesterday that had lost USB audio comms with WSJT-X since
the auto update. I searched all over the place until I spotted this
mischievous change MS added to modify his microphone setting, which
may not actually be being used as a microphone in some applications of
course......

Try going to settings/privacy/microphone and set it to "allow applications to
access your (my?) microphone"

Hope  it  helps,  seems  a  lot have been caught out by this nefarious
activity :)

--
Best regards,
 Chris                          mailto:[email protected]