Re: LF: CORRECTION regarding 2E0ILY-N1BUG QSO

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: CORRECTION regarding 2E0ILY-N1BUG QSO
From: Alex R7NT <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2018 23:00:55 +0300
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=rtN+BdjRsdiqUw/hIAGLj6rba7wnlAlJahXOEwysPFY=; b=Llc4ur45i39SCstgqgTZ4BkU09EjJCYKSVvT/1Q9FcHE8CootKPtwudWx6mOTM5djX zZJQmHNb/Ivi2EjzIq4yxUKN4KpeUvkeJqMUvZg2Ihh5HhW8DSsg/X/wrAMxKgE7tfKl 8CSdGDDxWjQINOuLxT7ZVD/zKlizC/Q5K7ktAg6lWgnGwI1tFSmkOAqfb4VkVbs1vtT5 8OkKEEaqf3WcK5VEFOiQ92E9GOB0HiXMYb+t9n0ZRAW1d7qbmcgIrsFauylHlBPq0T3j N8EaFOYFpaTg2BvvukiGKrIacxgfe6YzmwGIP4VtaRCwsszv+dnKh1rplUJXrABDTiEr GnCw==
Sender: [email protected]
Paul,
see John W1TAG (WD2XES) page abt 2way under Part 5 ( Sec. 5.3(i) )

Dex W4DEX log (WD2XKO)

W1VD (WD2XES Sec. 5.3(a, c)

K2ORS (WD2XGJ  Sec. 5.3(a, d, h)

KL7L (WD2XDW and WE2XPQ)

I think only these men can explain the situation abt first 2way US-EU on 136
I have no reliable information abt it

73! Alex R7NT  136.73.ru

It has been brought to my attention that there were two way contacts
between U.S. Part 5 stations and the UK (and perhaps other Europe)
some years back. I did not know that some Part 5 licenses were
authorized to make two way contacts with amateur radio stations.
Much of what happened during those days does not seem to be well
documented or widely known.

Therefore, with apologies to all concerned, I retract my statement
that this was the first USA to UK or USA to Europe 137 kHz QSO. It
was not my intent to take anything away from the accomplishments of
those who paved the way for amateur occupancy of these bands.

Unless someone comes forward with information to the contrary I
still believe it to be the first amateur to amateur USA to UK and
USA to Europe QSO. At the time of my original post I was thinking,
but failed to state, "amateur radio QSO".

In any case it was the most exciting QSO of my 37 years in amateur
radio and I sincerely thank Chris, 2E0ILY, for his considerable
effort and sacrifice which made it possible.

73,
Paul N1BUG