Re: LF: MF: Best night ever

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: MF: Best night ever
From: <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2018 16:34:57 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Every night is a GOOD night but some are better than others, success depends on EFFORT. This past few nights maximum EFFORT on both sides of the Atlantic has paid off. There are a lot of opportunities missed on LF es MF because of lack of operator availability, often engaged in other activities, there are only a few to start with and they are spread out, one or two on VLF and the same on LF, MF then MODE distribution, some on WSPR, JT9, FT8, OPERA, QRSS, CW and Beacons of various descriptions.
Surprisingly QSO' do take place sometimes.
There has been a large decline over the past 20 years since 137 khz permits were first issued in the UK/EU. In the early years I worked over 36 countries and now it would be hard to find 6 countries active. The same thing happened on 500 Khz then the band change to frequencies 472/479 Khz. At the start there was an abundance of operators and that has dwindled also to a handful these days, Modes in use were CW, QRSS, Data modes came later and now dominate MF and LF
73 es good hunting, GL

DE MAL/G3KEV

-----Original Message----- From: N1BUG