LF: MF: EU<>NA let's keep trying !

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, [email protected]
Subject: LF: MF: EU<>NA let's keep trying !
From: N1BUG <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2018 08:12:55 -0500
Sender: [email protected]
Thank you to all who have given up some of your sleep to try these trans-Atlantic QSOs over the past nights. Your efforts are very sincerely appreciated. I know it is not easy staying up late night after night !

I am going to try again tonight:
2230 until 0200z, maybe continuing later
JT9, TX second/odd

I'm trying very hard to get a trans-Atlantic QSO on MF before I QSY back to LF.

North America:
Last night there were situations where some of you were seeing DX stations calling me. I lost the DX in QSB and couldn't complete. Did you call the DX or call CQ while you were seeing them? I'd like to suggest that if you see DX calling me, move up or down enough so you're not overlapping my signal (please) and call them. If I am not completing with the DX station due to QSB they may be able to complete with you.

About modes:
I like that QRSS is human readable but after realizing the time required to complete even a fast (QRSS3) QSO I have serious doubts about QSB. Last night for example I did not see any peaks longer than about 7 or 8 minutes... plenty of time for a JT9 QSO but barely enough to send call signs once at QRSS3. JT9 does require a bit stronger signal but not that much. It is so much faster I feel it gives the best chance with QSB on this high latitude trans-Atlantic path.

About my signal:
If anyone sees spurs on my signal, please tell me !!! Last night I had a report of very bad spurs (only 23 dB down). The screen shot was so ugly I immediately stopped operating. I do not want to be putting out a trashy signal ! However every subsequent test I did, including having the same station look at my signal came up clean. I don't know what happened but please let me know if you see problems.

73,
Paul N1BUG FN55mf