Re: LF: Re: A robust session on 630-meters : K9FD (/KH6) -> LA2XPA and m

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: A robust session on 630-meters : K9FD (/KH6) -> LA2XPA and more...
From: "Roelof Bakker" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2017 11:39:49 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Rik,

T/A propagtion from lower latitude NDB's is very poor at the moment,
whilst reception from Nunavut is excellent.

There was even a short opening around 10:00 UTC from Churchill at
the other side of the Hudson Bay. This almost happens every year in
December / January. However, I have never seen the difference
between reception from lower Canada and up north as large as it is
now.

My guess is that a different propagation mode is at work.
If anyone has more information, it will be much appreciated.

Though trans-polar propagation in Winter is common from northern
Europe at my latitude (52 N) this is much more rare. Yet, lately I
could receive 3 NDB's from Alaska here.

73,
Roelof Bakker, pa0rdt