LF: 2200m TA last night

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, "Discussion of the Lowfer (US, European, & UK) and MedFer bands" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: 2200m TA last night
From: N1BUG <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2017 07:17:22 -0500
Sender: [email protected]
After something of a lull, trans-Atlantic propagation picked up last night. I've heard 2E0ILY now 9 consecutive nights, which ties our previous record for consecutive nights, but last night I heard him more often and stronger: 12 times on WSPR-2 with best signal -22, 6 times on JT9 with best signal -24. I am sure I missed some due to my local interference that comes on periodically and wipes out any chance of a decode. Thanks to Chris for his activity! It seems there is very little interest this year in crossing the Atlantic on LF. Maybe it's just too easy and boring. :)

A list of TA 2200m decodes at my station, updated every day around 1300z (sometimes earlier):

http://www.n1bug.com/lfmf/2200m-TA-Spots.txt

Last night's JT9 window:

http://n1bug.com/lfmf/files/2E0ILY-JT9-15Dec2017.jpg

I finally solved my PSK Reporter JT9 upload problem but we still cannot get these spots onto PSK Reporter because the transmitter can only send 13 character free text messages. These are not considered valid for upload by WSJT-X, unfortunately.

I am getting very close to being ready to make my first transmitting tests on 2200m. The variometer assembly which I am adding to the coil should be finished today but I still have to make something to protect it from the weather. This is proving not so easy as it is 1.3m tall. :)

73,
Paul N1BUG/WI2XTC FN55mf