Re: VLF: 300 mA on 6470 Hz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: VLF: 300 mA on 6470 Hz
From: Markus Vester <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2017 15:50:22 -0400
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Stefan,

quite a solid signal on the DL0AO grabber!
 http://df6nm.bplaced.net/dl0ao/VLFgrabber/vlfgrabber_dl0ao_test.htm
Despite lower ERP, daytime SNR appears to be much better than on 8270 Hz. This is presumably caused by a) stronger signal due to more favourable ground / skywave phasing at this distance, and b) lower noise due to lower radiated power from limited-length lightning discharges.

Good luck!
Markus (DF6NM)