Re: VLF: 300 mA on 8270 Hz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: VLF: 300 mA on 8270 Hz
From: Jacek Lipkowski <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2017 22:02:11 +0200 (CEST)
Sender: [email protected]
Stefan, thanks for the carrier, this helped me improve my grabber a bit.

i've changed the time range in my grabber to 7 days, so that you can compare with your previous carrier, and also added a "normalised" spectrogram:

https://klubnl.pl/wpr/en/index.php/klubnl-pl-grabbers/grabber-4-8270hz/

in the normalised spectrogram the average of relative powers for each timeperiod are normalised to a constant value. so this is something similar to AGC, taking care of day/night noise variations. i think Paul does something similat, because his spectrogram doesn't show differences in day/night noisefloor.

the S/N isn't great, but this is from a simple e-field antenna in the middle of the city.

i've also added a 6470Hz grabber for your next tests (and will add 5170Hz and normalized graphs in the future):

https://klubnl.pl/wpr/en/index.php/klubnl-pl-grabbers/grabber-sq5bpf-6470hz/

VY 73

Jacek / SQ5BPF