LF: LPF for a valve based (tube based) LF amp?

To: [email protected], [email protected]
Subject: LF: LPF for a valve based (tube based) LF amp?
From: Chris Wilson <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2017 15:18:34 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=date:from:message-id:to:subject:mime-version :content-transfer-encoding; bh=FvnILtlGGfsGPC+HQptXlaUebKJtPycPJH7hNlKv/G8=; b=LpgHoQ8h8mTT7lGAnUvjs4Lcad69dIpozLAJWYblh+e+8UlHUW5W/6eyAaXiWOG7Y/ s4SeFJ/6MlS18BFZMgKfpBTGGHhMQpJlNRyRSYv7k+l2sRR8QRUPIHZUkjnyeQAzRpSX VksurcpM+spiZey4vdFtPOWksPv8i9Q5jJp4qnvp2qEPrUe4OgUuhCtN8+Mz0UBHLdgR TfCUuiPkk8mXG+bjzuVgdr4/IIKJe66krobuWOdsufW9Hu21KvbpbiJdE4STRvmtZoGD xG28l2b1SB7pkqrXrX9ksDE6BdkSrvsnKH+CzpKVNQOf9QKZ3enKtjdyz7fxUn1dC+Gz CyXg==
Sender: [email protected]
Hello LF'ers,

My next contemplated project is a GS35B valve based LF amp. I have the
HT supply, a couple of GS35B's to play with and a suitable filament
supply. My question is can I build an air wound LPF based on exactly
the same values as the one I use on my W1VD FET based Class D amp?
That gets pretty warm and I use a small PC processor fan on the centre
toroid, but I am unsure if the filter characteristics are specific to
a FET based amp in some ways?

W1VD  amp  schematic here: http://www.w1vd.com/137-500-KWTX.html    (1
kW amplifier) http://www.w1vd.com/137-500-KWRev3.0.pdf

W1VD LPF details here:   http://www.w1vd.com/LPF.html

http://www.w1vd.com/LPF.pdf

--
Best regards,
 Chris                          mailto:[email protected]