R: Re: LF: Re: Antenna change over relay question

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: R: Re: LF: Re: Antenna change over relay question
From: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2017 00:49:45 +0200 (CEST)
Sender: [email protected]
Hello LF & VLF,

I posted my solution, but the attached picture of my ATU for LF/MF was
too much for blacksheep..
In my ATU I have to switch in and out the LF base coil
of my antenna and change the matching transformer for LF and MF.
I made it with 2 vacuum relays: the switching of XFMR is made with a
Siemens VR311 (rated at 10kV 20A) the coil switching is made with a
Jennings RE6 which is rated at 25kV 25A. Both are of course surplus
purchases.. but are easy to find on e-bay. For new relays purchase,
don't forget, if still valid, that Kilovac was used to sell a small
number of relays each year to HAM operators with special (affordable..
) price: if you wish to have brand new units a check on their web pages
is worth ;-)

73 Marco IK1HSS