Re: LF: Bugfix for ebnaut_ifft utility

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Bugfix for ebnaut_ifft utility
From: Markus Vester <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2017 14:56:31 -0400
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Stefan,

this is not easy to say as it depends on a number of circumstances. In your local test, the difference was quite large (EbN0 = 40.25 dB vs 41.57 dB), but this is because the lack of external noise emphasized the relatively small artifact on the signal. In a more realistic scenario the individual symbols are buried in the noise. Considering an EbNaut sequence with e.g. N=1000 symbols, the signal energy is quasi-randomly spread over 1000 frequency bins. Only one of these bins would be affected or "lost", suggesting an SNR loss on the order of 0.1% power or  0.004 dB.

Best 73,
Markus