Re: VLF: New EbNaut announcement...

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: VLF: New EbNaut announcement...
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2017 14:22:14 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Markus, VLF,

Thanks for the information. Yes, something must be strange.
Look on my results/attachments.
I generated a local decode from the tree, of course with a big SNR. But the phase! I got no better result than 0 0 0 0 (phase pattern), as expected. Your tool telles there is no frequency offset and just a small timing offset.

Is this instable phase from the transmitter or the receiver site? Maybe some components in the loop preamp? Hard to imagine.

Additionally i took a recording on the Raspi, using the setting as for the ULF experiments, i.e. 24 kS/s sample rate. Unfortunately today i shut down the Raspi before stopping the recording process. This corrupted the file. So i will repeat the experiment another time, today, same start time and parameters.
Yesterday it was warm and sunny, today it is overcast and rainy. If the phase change is genuine and if it has to do with temperure changes, we may see a difference in the next decode.

73, Stefan