Re: VLF: New EbNaut announcement...

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: VLF: New EbNaut announcement...
From: Markus Vester <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2017 07:55:27 -0400
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Stefan,

your message was decoded well from DL0AO cardioid data.

Initially, the best decode appeared with a phase slope, -30 0 0 30. Entering a frequency offset of one FFT bin (+9.3 uHz), the blue peak seems to be shifted slightly to the left as expected, but the same best decode was achieved with flat phase.

This seems to confirm your earlier observation of a one bin offset. This is strange, as I've never observed such an offset in earlier experiments based on shorter data with wider FFT resolution (31 uHz or more), and I am lacking an explanation. I don't think we can blame propagation because if there was any Doppler around sunset this should be negative rather than positive.

Best 73,
Markus (DF6NM)