R: Re: R: Re: R: Re: LF: RE: Combining LF amps revisited

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: R: Re: R: Re: R: Re: LF: RE: Combining LF amps revisited
From: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2017 20:42:13 +0200 (CEST)
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Chris, Hello Clemens,

thanks for the confirmation, softwares are wonderful but is always
better have a rough idea of the possible resoult and check it ;-)
anyway if he will have an update it is a nice tool (for the calculation
a simple pocket calculator is enough, but you save a lot of time if you
have not to search on the datasheets the toroids parameters).

Chris will be happy to share with you and the other LF friends my
search for the best cooking recipe :-D
I'm doing nothing new: simply merging the Andy's switching PA with an
old homemade HF PA made according the DL9AH project. The power supply
in this case is not direct rectification of the mains but a switched
charging of 2 elcap banks giving 180 Vdc with available power in the
range of 1200W.
The new LF PA use this PS and the chassis, now most part of the work is
done (PS and PA) I still have to prepare the driver, antenna switching
and the PA will be ready for cooking ;-)
I plan to test with low tension 12V, then 30, then 50 watching how it
works if everything goes smooth will apply the 180V and then I could
convert the switching PS in direct rectification (the cap banks are
made with 30 680uF 200V electrolitics so it needs simply to rearrange
the banks and add the fullwave rectifier).

If the PA runs fine probably will try to cook the antenna !

Will keep you posted after the weekend

73 Marco IK1HSS