Re: VLF: New carrier on 6470.005 Hz

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: VLF: New carrier on 6470.005 Hz
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 01 May 2017 14:06:25 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Alex,

Thank you for trying! I guess we will have much better results in November or December this year. But we keep on trying. The days become longer and longer, maybe we can make it during daytime soon. There are many things to try out :-)

I discovered a dead FET !! on my linaer PA. It died by heat, not by over-voltage. Dying by heat can go slowly for a FET. Also i have that safety function, SpecLab stops to drive the PA when the antenna current drops below a certain limit. If this happens, the FET is almost dead but not completely dead. It cools down before it is completely dead and so it can be used again after some time but of course it is not working as expected any more. It looks like this is what happened here. I drove the PA quite on the limit, about 275 W DC input power. There will be a better PA version soon, with 2x 3 FETs in TO-247 case, each side on a separate heat sink! So i don't need to isolate the FETs from the heat sink and will get an even lower case temperature...
Running a stable 700 mA on 8270 Hz again is the goal for the next days, then we can continue testing on VLF!!! :-)

73, Stefan