Re: LF: Currently off air

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Currently off air
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2017 14:43:16 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Mike,

Hopefully you will recover well and quickly. The season never stops and there is a lot of LF activity, impressive.

All the best,

73, Stefan

Am 13.04.2017 14:23, schrieb Mike Dennison:
I have not been able to receive or transmit on LF for a few weeks and
may be off the air for several days more.

To start with, there was a big wind storm which took out several of
my fences. I had taken my antenna masts down when I heard the weather
forecast so it was not damaged. A few days later I left for a 5-week
holiday so there was no time to re-erect the antenna. In any case I
thought the masts would be safer on the ground.

Whilst I was on holiday I injured my back, so I asked my sons to help
put the antenna up when I came home. During that operation one of the
pulleys failed so we had to abandon the job. I am now slowly fixing
the pulley system which is high up in a tree, whilst trying not to
put too much strain on my back which is gradually recovering.

I hope the antenna will be up some time in the next two weeks.

Mike, G3XDV