Re: VLF: EbNaut tonite

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: VLF: EbNaut tonite
From: Jacek Lipkowski <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2017 20:57:14 +0200 (CEST)
Sender: [email protected]
On Sat, 8 Apr 2017, DK7FC wrote:

Thanks for the nice message decodes. It looks lkke it was a good night :-)

actually i've tried to decode 3 hour segments from 18:00, 19:00 and 20:00. the 3-hour transmission from 18:00 decodes fine, the 19:00 and 20:00 3-hour segments don't decode. it seems that the beginning of the transmission was best. maybe next time please start earlier?

btw for those who don't remember vlf radioamateur history: we went from joy because we were able to decode a simple carrier from a high power transmission using a kite antenna, to decoding multi-character medium-power transmissions with ease. this is a big achievement of Paul (who wrote the software), and Stefan, Markus, Uwe and others (who just transmitted, instead of believing that it won't work), and many rx stations (who worked on their rx systems, even though there were absolutely no man made signals in this band previously, and it was common knowledge that it won't work anyway).

i remember the early vlf work being done here and elsewhere (we've probably all done some unofficial vlf experiments which were not published for various reasons), and compared to a few years ago right now it's almost too easy to receive a transmission :)

VY 73

Jacek / SQ5BPF