Re: VLF: Tonite...

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: VLF: Tonite...
From: Jacek Lipkowski <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2017 18:22:41 +0100 (CET)
Sender: [email protected]
decoded the 20170304 transmission

found rank 0 ber 3.3036e-01 Eb/N0 4.6 M -8.557650566e+00 [XXX XXXX] ps [ 13
-150 -150  180  180]
carrier phase: 1.3
carrier Eb/N0: 5.2
carrier S/N: 21.78 dB in 24.8 uHz
elapsed 233

VY 73

Jacek / SQ5BPF

Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2017 00:37:09 +0100
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]

...restartet 23:30 UTC, will be a day/night transmission...
73

Am 04.03.2017 17:23, schrieb DK7FC:
      Hi Eddie,

      I see you can even see me in 424 uHz. You must have a very good antenna
design ;-)
      I'm also impressed by your results over that 742 km path,
http://no.nonsense.ee/qth/map.html?qth=IO92NG&from=JN49IK00

      Now, time for a next message! I'm still trying to pass more characters
than 7 to the path to Moscow. Hopefully the will be
      some more OMs joining in.
      Let's try 8, again:

      f = 8270.100000 Hz
      Start time: Saturday 04.Mar.2017   18:00:00
      Symbol period: 30 s
      Characters: 8
      CRC bits: 16
      Coding 16K21A
      Duration: 11h, 12m, 0s
      Antenna current: 700 mA

      The signal is more stable, sharper now, see attachments (spectrograms
with equal brightness/contrast settings). It has
      shown 1 dB stronger at IK1QFK in the morning. But probably that was
propagation.
      The wx forecast announces some rain. Hopefully it won't trigger the
safety limit which is set to - 30 mA.

      Reports welcome.

      73, Stefan