Re: LF: Best SDR for LF.

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Best SDR for LF.
From: "Graham" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2016 15:44:36 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Martin

The holy grail is to find one that transmits as well , there was one tx/rx demonstrated a few years back at the rsgb convention, which was to retail round £200 , that price looks to be the norm now , but if it also tx's then that's more use ..

There is a new ''kiwi sdr'' rx-only $200 , which is showing up as a web linked system by the users , this seems to be very good

Other than that , lots of lower bit ones about , but even with lots of bits , there dynamic range , is not going to get close to the like's of the racals 5 watt mixer drive 120 dB 4 fet cct and there is some conjecture round the actual usable number of bits , compared to the physical bit count ,

In saying that , the rtl 8 bit works better than the ft897 on 1.8 and 3.5 mhz :(

pre- b/w filtering would appeared to be required to keep the out of band carriers at a reasonable level

73-G,