Re: LF: bounce test

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: bounce test
From: "Chris" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2016 13:44:59 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Thanks Alan.
Chris, G4AYT.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Sunday, November 20, 2016 1:22 PM

Hi Chris ....yes you should I do....mostly though some end up in my ISP mail spam folder.
However some ISPs regard all mails from self to self as spam .

If you post to the group you will usually get a bounce message from "bounce.io" telling you it could not deliver to g3xzx, and including a gratuitous advert. it is a way they seek to make money out of this without any agreement. They state that the web-host can get a cut of the advertising revenue, but they make no attempt to contact the web host before enabling the interception. I suppose we ought to complain of abuse (if I knew who to complain to.....feel free if you do know) Unfortunately they only way these could be stopped is to unsub the address but without admin access we cant do that and the domain ....an old rsgb one.....is no longer active. So if you change addresses PLEASE unsub the old one before it expires and rejoin with the new one. Fortunaely we have a stable membership or we would be flooded with this rubbish

Blacksheep soldiers on now providing service for in excess of 20 years to LFers.

Alan
G3NYK

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris" <[email protected]>