LF: Upcoming 630m Crossband Night - Saturday, Nov 12th

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Upcoming 630m Crossband Night - Saturday, Nov 12th
From: "Steve" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2016 20:57:39 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=shaw.ca; s=s20150330; t=1478404661; bh=n7Dq3o+bKGPKJBh4EvslWWGVhy7Ov2x0bVq3VdiZ1TU=; h=From:To:References:In-Reply-To:Subject:Date; b=L2WmfiobYju7mqx3s5z4glnguqC77SmZya6EwWuEHmHfDs42EjKqQBXC5/qmxuuyM biCctUPsrUaxw59DaapylinKkJTdFRkt+0tx4ceUgwbb++G7LA5K0OMDDeTOuumvih CBIboi+QIVyUjCmOeU/xzvyCIH//M646vEZeRdCOPQqyVhe7TV3iHmLNjv8A1Fspa7 Hl2dWnDrERoc/l4N3JeeCzG4iyoWoEgTQPFs58Fc5JO7BBmOlbY5C952FVPWvArIs1 UiMEMWr1nWwyZGg3mR0Rr2XsQfUXZMem6yJ4Jd+Q4HaANzxt83aLg+kWJcFA5EWkEH eJ+Pmmr1ChH5w==
Sender: [email protected]
I know there are several folks on this list that are interested in 630m band
actvities here in NA. Some of you may even be planning to get on 630 when it becomes a
ham band in the U.S. Here in Canada, we've had the band for a couple of
years now and regular 'crossband' QSO events have allowed interested
amateurs in North America to explore the band's potential by working the
630m Canadians.

The next 'crossband evening' will be one week from tonight, on Saturday,
November 12th.

As in previous events, the participating Canadian CW stations will be
calling CQ on specific allocated frequencies and will be listening on their
announced HF (QSX) frequencies, within the 160, 80 and 40m bands.
In past crossband nights, transcontinental CW QSO's have been completed as
have
contacts between the west coast and Hawaii.

The popularity of this event has continued to increase each year as more and
more amateurs become interested in this part of the spectrum (472 - 479
kHz). Hopefully this trend will continue next weekend and that you will
consider taking part in the one night event.

As in the past, numerous U.S. 'experimental' stations will be active on the
band, either running CW beacons or seeking two-way QSO's with other stations
in the experimental service. As well, some may be operating WSPR or JT9
modes. All are interested in your reception reports and most of the
experimental callsigns can be found via a QRZ.com lookup.

The Maritime Radio Historical Society are also promising activity, as KSM /
KPH in Bolinas, California will be activated for the night, sending weather
notices, press bulletins and possibly engaging in two-way work with
historical naval ships involved with the MHRS.

All told, there will be six different participating Canadian stations that
will cover most regions of the continent, should propagation co-operate!

More information as well as a detailed schedule of times and frequencies may
be found here:

http://ve7sl.blogspot.ca/2016/10/novembers-630m-activity-cw-crossband.html

As well, if you have not participated previously, you will find some useful
hints to help you out.

Details were previously released on both the ARRL and RAC 'news' pages,
here:

http://www.arrl.org/news/630-meter-special-event-set-for-mid-november

and here:

http://wp.rac.ca/

I will also post a reminder next Friday, one day before the event. I would
also ask and encourage you to pass this information forward within your
blogs / Facebook / Twitter pages as well so that as many amateurs as
possible are aware of the activity. Please e-mail me if you have any
questions and we all hope to see as many participants as possible next
Saturday night!

73,

Steve / VE7SL

WEB - "The VE7SL Radio Notebook":  http://members.shaw.ca/ve7sl