RE: RE: ULF: A new step on the large ULF coil...

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: RE: ULF: A new step on the large ULF coil...
From: VIGILANT Luis Fernández <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 08:14:41 +0000
Accept-language: es-ES, en-US
Sender: [email protected]
Ciao Marco, LF

Thank you for the reports. It is nice to be on air again in MF !

The PA current is 5A@14V, so no more than 70w to antenna. But here the antenna
is made by a 11m vertical + top cap
top loaded and top feeded in the terrace of 80m height buiding tower. The
ground side of the PA runs down to
ground those 80m and is part of the antenna, running just corrent, not high
voltage. This is almost what
Rik ON7YD describes here  http://www.strobbe.eu/on7yd/136ant/#IndTop

Noted some problems with the current protection circuit which triggered at
23utc. From that time to about 5utc
I was running just 500mW from U3 bypassing the PA. BTW, I keep transmitting
during daytime. Looks like last
Winter, when I could get decodes at daylight from some stations at Germany and
the UK

Pity I still don't have a proper transverter to work JT9. But will try to join
the QRSS and CW party next days

73 de Luis
EA5DOM