Re: LF: F5WK EbNaut

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: F5WK EbNaut
From: Markus Vester <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 12:28:48 -0400
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Michel,

after I realized that the time offset was now 3 seconds I got a few more decodes. Apparently SNR and condx were a bit weaker than the night before.

2016-09-28  "F5WK IN99EF"

start    symbol carrier df
 UT       EbN0   EbN0   mHz

19:00:03  12.2   14.2   -1
19:30:03  14.7   17.9   -1
20:00:03   1.1    4.3   -1
20:30    (rx interruption)
21:00:03  12.7   14.7    0
21:30:03  13.5   16.6   -1
22:00:03  10.7   13.4   -1

Yes the undefined state of a divider before the PA can cause problems for coherent EbNaut (or Opera) transmissions. With the DDS, you could try to gradually advance the phase in 64 small steps to accumulate 360°.

Best 73,
Markus