Re: LF: Portable VLF/ULF recording system with PPS+NMEA

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Portable VLF/ULF recording system with PPS+NMEA
From: Michel Brunel <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2016 17:23:45 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hallo Stefan,

Looks promising, what sound card are you using and if you can read it, what is the audio codec chip ?
I recently tried to replace the 12 MHz crystal of a CUA-202, but the onchip PLL of the PCM2902 ruined my effort (too bad a jitter)

For my future Ebnaut operation,  I just set up a "Stratum 1 time box" with a Raspberry PI2 and a tiny GPS receiver (VK16E)
The 1PPS is directly sent to a GPIO and managed by the kernel (Raspbian Jessie) NTPQ reports an accuracy of 2E-19 which
translates to 2 ms
Ah, Wolf's ntp client works like a charm with the Rpi ntp server !  That's a great internet free solution.

73,

Michel - f5wk