Re: LF: 8269.990Hz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 8269.990Hz
From: Markus Vester <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 15:57:05 -0400
Sender: [email protected]
Thanks Paul - confirming a correct decode. Looks like the slight current increase was really necessary this time ;-) Gizmo is the name of the little red-haired yellow-eyed feller, who shares our life and apparently also my interest in radio toys.

Don't know why I didn't manage to decode Uwe's message. The nighttime carrier was well visible on both grabbers in Heidelberg (better on the tree!) and also in Breclav, but not at all here. Last night I had temporarily selected slightly more aggressive noise blanker settings (threshold 3 dB instead of 6 dB above average), but don't think that would have made things worse. As usual, there were a lot of wandering 33 Hz harmonics which are being cleared out more or less successfully by SpecLab's automatic notch filter, however it's hard to estimate what this does to the desired signal under the noise.

All the best,
Markus (DF6NM)