Re: LF: Re: Old "Coherent" mode

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Old "Coherent" mode
From: Andy Talbot <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 11:22:35 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to; bh=lPqLrcXBoL3Kpb4Yn6b5yejoYUIOmqDOXl3hwlsTtXU=; b=BXmcCmnHtA5Cq4xDauPCQescU8S5dhboBLOzmQLHHGcu7A06ixr/xSZDNRjUeEqzO/ OzKACXs6c1lTwakbSiaeC8JGge1DOY8kztZ3fdFb8ZQ0pnJxmXS3z3PTbBK9Aakt51aq rBUFw7qe5FUCqWsXbnq0AUxb/nC2g2ndmdzKqGUC0Y7X0oVZ3tLJlWFxuJeXukWTdXuQ rleHqDRrNzVt2ck6ld+7uvu0yTOpyFayv0/0e4HdZDuhUh2vkQluvHVhECRMOohgiF1b Yo36glbm1LsMoRUfhilDnnsz63krcO5OMZwS2fPUPMaxxqfs4m9sDfzR2O1w13APfR9O D1cg==
Sender: [email protected]
Interesting

Looking back in my PIC code archives, the listing labelled "VE2IQIF.ASM" is dated October 2000 and is a 7200Hz version of the original 10kHz sampling one I used for DSP back then.   Do recall studying the VE2IQ "official" interface circuitry and suddenly realising it was a straightforward A/D plus RS232 formatter combined into a set of logic chips.   So the PIC sampler just needed a sampling rate change.

Back then we had to use expensive UV erasable chips for code development, then cheaper One Time Programmable ones for final versions.   So for code development I used to have three windowed chips on the go at any time, one in the eraser, one running and one waiting the next set of changes.
It was possible to reuse OTP chips by starting way down in memory, then working back for each version and overwriting an initial GOTO statement with a NOP - very tedious

How technology has changed is less than two decades.

Andy  G4JNT