Re: VLF: EbNaut 8270.1 Sunday

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: VLF: EbNaut 8270.1 Sunday
From: Paul Nicholson <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2016 19:34:07 +0000
Sender: [email protected]

> Just started another sequence with same parameters,
> running 04:00:02 to 5:25:22 UT.

I must admit defeat on this one Markus.

The signal is there but just a dB too weak to
decode.  The following carrier was 0.07 fT which
is a decent signal but the noise was higher
than the other day.

Here I've been playing with ebsynth which is now
at version 0.5 and has some improvements.  It uses
much less CPU and does the phase modulation using
a sigmoid shaped slew.

 http://abelian.org/ebnaut/ebsynth.shtml

I built a multiplier chain, 53077.777778 * 3 * 3 and
have a nice 10V 477 kHz signal which is rock steady
and the modulation clicks don't seem to spread.

There was a gap in the rain on Sunday so I put up a
200 metre long wire.

--
Paul Nicholson