LF: Re: How is this possible?

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: How is this possible?
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 23:31:30 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
That is how you put out such a good signal Stefan :-))

Any wire entering the foil is a way into the inside. Even the folds are not proof! currents which circulate round the edges of the foil can be induced and these can radiate into the package. A double skin with the two not connected to gether may be needed. Even the makers of expensive screened rooms have trouble at these levels. Ideally I suppose it should be copper soldered continuously round the seams .....then think of the skin depth at your tx frequency as well......-180dB is quite difficult to achieve :-((

Alan
G3NYK

----- Original Message ----- From: "DK7FC" <[email protected]>