Re: LF: ERP - EIRP - PAR... Some comments.

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: ERP - EIRP - PAR... Some comments.
From: John Rabson <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 10:32:04 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=content-type:mime-version:subject:from:in-reply-to:date :content-transfer-encoding:message-id:references:to; bh=/LrewMqGD/usEM9r/JIyK0oLA8MzsXbpATiIFsdbvGY=; b=ShLLF2JI9Bwv7JzVE7Q/Fa6RNrwcVd3TR4dttrDCxgGdPPS3Cq6pVnnIdSfwpduS+d hmyEAx3d/IpnUq6U0l/DwRknLrt5pSMQ8Z4ZbhtdCvPZTR6AgtNgazbd0E95a1NeozYF bwJfdD0Cum68IeOAR+YSOVhGU0Q3SGkXoIKwBzdznW32OXfmYL+WmqQfAK0AnYfPgrPj NP55Qz1M787qJTwI1+EwA5hp0GdrYaYm4gHHuUrTxUnIeFmpU5qkoaAyc1HRaUH1Ix51 dNbfDSL/Dz14MeN+kkIXvITPDGr21AnJ3qFHPdpPTpI8aNKO/JL0R1yne1vz69zVwgV8 w0+w==
Sender: [email protected]
Andy,

I wonder if you have slightly misinterpreted the outcome of WRC-12. I think the
passage that Rik quoted shows that we can still have the full 5 W if we are
more than 379 km north of the French Mediterranean coast (800-621). Do you
agree?

73 John F5VLF

> On 10 Jan 2016, at 17:15, F6CNI - Andy - JN19QB <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Hi all.
>
> I agree 100% with RIK.
>
> Yes, and in France the EIRP limit is 1 Watt only, because the minimum
> distance from the south coast in France to Algeria is below 800 km (621 km
> exactly).
>
> This 1 Watt EIRP means about 0.6 Watt ERP (In France the ERP is call PAR
> “Puissance Apparente Rayonnée”), due to the 2.14 dB isotropic gain of a
> monopole over a perfect ground. Even if the ground is not perfect (outside of
> the main lobe formation, that is the begining of the Fraunhofer zone), a 2 db
> value is a reasonable choice.
>
> If you have a very good antenna ( i.e. 30 meters vertical part, a large top
> hat capacitance, and a good ground system, your antenna has around 10%
> effeciency), you need only 6 Watts output TX to have 1 W EIRP. But using a
> short vertical without top hat and not good ground (perhaps 0.1% efficiency)
> you need a 600 Watts TX to reach the legal limit. HI !
>
> On the way : yes, on MF and LF bands it is a good choice to show your EIRP
> power.
>
> 73 de Andy F6CNI.

[email protected]

Researching history of RABSON, BLACKSHAW, GAUNTLETT, VERLANDER and ROBSONNE