LF: OL9TIT on WSPR??

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: OL9TIT on WSPR??
From: LineOne <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2015 20:10:34 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
Glancing back at the WSPR reception report list at 1434 today I noted one from OL9TIT on 137.404 kHz at -32dB s/n. Thinking this was some sort of Titanic beacon from the Czech Republic and that was a fair level for the distance I looked at the location and it indicated about 17,000 km away in Antarctica. I think not! So who or what is OL9TIT and why did no-one else pick this up? I know there are a few spurious reports on Opera (it is free after all so no complaints from me) but spurii using WSPR?
Otherwise the Rx system is working well here.

Hugh, M0DSZ.