Re: LF: RE: DK7FC remote forest grabber now running

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: RE: DK7FC remote forest grabber now running
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2015 16:43:16 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Am 16.12.2015 10:45, schrieb VIGILANT Luis Fernández:
High efficency would make it possible to run it at very low power levels
under 20dBm as I have tested last week. So you can provide to ham community
QRO signals for suboptimal Rx and Dx, and QRP signals for high efficient Rx
Yes but it would be easier just to switch the power between different WSPR sequences on the same TX system. But i know what you mean. I have to install much solar power to be able to run the system 24/7 even in winter. So there is a LOT of energy which is not used in summer. That offers a big playing field...

Unfortunately Tx and grabbers are not compatible in a common site
Yes, a problem that i have here in the city. But now, this remote site is 3.5 km distant to the shack and TX antenna. But anyway it is overloading the RX. Theoretically i could transfer the data over a distance of 20 km when using 2 of this long yagis. There is enough SNR to lower the power here in the city...
But seems that you bought the whole forest, didn´t you ? ;-)
No costs. I just officially asked for permission to mount the stuff there. It's for a research project of the university, you know... And who knows!

73, Stefan