Re: LF: VO1NA - carrier 0900 - 1200 UTC

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: VO1NA - carrier 0900 - 1200 UTC
From: edgar <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2015 19:20:22 +1100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Joe,

The noise level is higher in the summer, there are frequent storms off the East coast near Sydney which contribute noise in reception here.

http://www.weatherzone.com.au/radar

I do not know much about the propagation in an East to West direction.

I do know that there is improved propagation from Germany to Australia during the terminator transit over here.

DK7FC, using 136.172 kHz, had successful results when transmitting during the Equinoxes, that is in April and September.

There is still some work to do here on the receiver set-up, including an internet connection.

The size of the images could now be reduced and the frequency checked for accuracy.

And only capture during periods of common darkness.

The receiver can be run when you wish to transmit, just let me know the times.

Regards, Edgar
Moonah, Tasmania.