Re: LF: VO1NA - carrier

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: VO1NA - carrier
From: Markus Vester <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 13:04:40 -0500
Sender: [email protected]
Attached is the continuation of the carrier plot until 16:24 UT today. The continuous phase plot has been centered 0.12 mHz below nominal, but it may have suffered from a couple of cycle slips.

Yes the widening of the spectral line at night is surely related to ionospheric fading. The daytime traces in the 109 uHz spectrogram
seem to be leaning toward the left (apparent downward frequency drift, quadratic phase), which is possibly related to the diurnal depression of the ionospheric ceiling height proportional to solar elevation.

Best 73,
Markus (DF6NM)