Re: LF: More EbNaut 137.777

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: More EbNaut 137.777
From: Andy Talbot <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2015 22:29:50 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=BrevSOYg0UPnoVzHTv+TyfDogCTkpCTrV6quM3di5II=; b=UrsN1GSZJ+63IaajjlJb1Pz19TZdGTud8y0PJe/jop4NFMhJIiGN4uE/CdPjpJ1Gzg +Qukt+eRq0Y8JxLb2T244CSId3spoW3uVI/QGTSAZrgW+R74jqAsFPJkYnLlYxADy1q7 P2a1QmhhjtS1i9FRRlklCsmuOTMBvtFDTEkVzrrrTXgfIzAS3/tkJGjyE2/6VJRICbDA d4TJIYGlZqZVBdurx78WUdAHzAQ9ThyDXpbSH7eYuUfW+GjaUOJK+H9qDeFPyozIrVo2 sG5zdC+DvNE8wRNgvBvbzBmVgJ3AtdiwMsbc1196ytDbmNSBBuodrGyP7KFy9njIdvj3 4uBQ==
Sender: [email protected]
Good point, never thought about the .TXT file  !
Noise levels seem to have risen here, no more decodes since that original one.  I've always thought this urban site is poor for LF Rx, hence have tened in teh past to put up beacon signals for others to listen to.    Its novel being a listener for once/
Bed time is calling now...

I'll modify the prog to record multiple timed sessions - so will be able to leave it running overnight unattended then.   The other option would be to write a prog that carves up one continuous .WAV file into segments based on specified time slots.

Do like the idea of running multiple parallel sessions with different time offsets.   Does that make it into a  RAKE receiver ?

Andy  G4JNT

On 26 November 2015 at 21:49, Markus Vester <[email protected]> wrote:
Too late for 20:00, nil of 21:30, but then a good one at 21:00, +1.3 dB, 1.2s offset.
> I run 10 copies of the decoder in steps of 0.2 seconds
... Prx > Ptx ? ;-)

>There is a faint trace visible on the waterfall at the moment
Andy your spectrogram nicely shows the 0.5 Hz wide "noise hump" from the modulated transmission, so the signal is still relatively strong for you.

> How can I make a copy of the text in the EbNaut window ?
All info on the decodes will be in the xxx-log.txt file.

BTW Under Windows 8 or 10, the show_rawsyms3a utility sometimes froze on exit. Fixed with version 3b in http://df6nm.bplaced.net/VLF/fec_tests/df6nm_ebnaut_utilities.zip

Good luck and have fun,

Markus (DF6NM)

I run 10 copies of the decoder in steps of 0.2 seconds
and grep the log files.

--
Paul Nicholson