LF: Is a capacative top hat only as good as its lowest point?

To: [email protected], [email protected]
Subject: LF: Is a capacative top hat only as good as its lowest point?
From: Chris Wilson <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 11:25:38 +0000
Sender: [email protected]

As I am under a lot of pressure with work I was thinking of a quick
and simple way to improve my aerial. Better ground wires under the
perimeter of my horizontal quad loop "top hat" is number one. But
another thing I could probably implement fairly easily is to raise one
corner of it by running that corner to the top of my 40 foot mast with
a fairly long support cord to keep the loop a fair way from it.
Would raising just one corner, (which would also allow a somewhat
higher vertical section), achieve much, if anything? Thanks.

BTW, the power supply bridge rectifier blew in my G3YXM amp the day
before yesterday, and I was testing with the "HV" sourced from a 0 to
40V bench supply. For fun I tried to see how low a voltage to the
FET's it would run at, and I got down to 4.9V measured actually at the
FET's, running. I achieved this contact last night:

It has triggered me to pull my finger out and build the 136 kHz filter
for my Hans Summer U3 QRP transmitter!

--

Best regards,
 Chris  2E0ILY                           mailto:[email protected]