Re: Re[2]: LF: LF receiver

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Re[2]: LF: LF receiver
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 14:50:58 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Chris,

You should not need to use the 's' meter on HDSDR when taking
relative readings. The (wideband) waterfall display is already in
decibels - just place the cursor at the position you want to measure.
If that doesn't work, go to Options/Visualisation/Informations on
Mouse position. For noise readings I would increase the averaging
(Avg) function to perhaps 16 or more to get a flattish line.

As a guide, I find that DCF38 is typically 63dB above daytime noise.
You are a little further away from DCF, so you should get a slightly
lower figure.

Mike, G3XDV