Re: LF: Re: Band is open to VK!

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Band is open to VK!
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 16:09:58 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Fausto,

Am 21.08.2015 15:39, schrieb Fausto Coletti:
Hi Stefan,

It would be interesting try to transmit a robust CW signal on 472 KHz,
eventually with a lambda/4 kite antenna on the saltwater.
Yes, on a north sea island :-) With my 300m kite antenna of 2010/11. And with 2 kW or more, on a hard keyed PA with some chirp and hum ;-) Chris would agree i bet :-)
It is a bit of time I'm thinking... ;-)
Some years ago I made several QSOs on 160m with VK and ZL from my home
with the same 25m tophat antenna that I use for 630m.
Why not try also on MF ?
630m is a BIG difference to 160m when it comes to DX. I saw WSPR decodes on 160m between EU and VK with 2W (TX power). All the time there are active WSPR stns TXing on 630m during the interesting time period and there are plenty of active RX stations. But decodes are very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very rare! :-)
WSPR is maybe 30 dB more "efficient", if just a positive detection counts. So CW will be hard!

Maybe you saw the capture from the dropbox link. There are just a few traces and most CW men would interprete this as strange nonsense. But it is an undoubtful trace on my transmission, where frequency and timing and the content matches. That is in DFCW-180, which means a "D" takes 11 minutes to transmit. In CW, my TX power would have to be in the range of 100 MW! So no chance for CW at all...

73, cul, Stefan

73, Fausto IK4NNMF