Re: LF: Re: RE: Folded monopole - Food for thought

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Re: RE: Folded monopole - Food for thought
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2015 00:10:25 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
The equations are in Rik Strobe's site http://www.strobbe.eu/on7yd/136ant/#Helical He quotes 1.9dB over a straight vertical of the same height compared with 6dB (thanks Andy) for the inverted L. BUT it all depends on your location. The outside of the helix ought to be at least its own height distant horizontally from the surrounding environment. I suspect it also needs to be elevated somewhat above ground .....say by a distace equal at least to its diameter. Then it depends on your ground parameters. Toni's aerial worked best over hard frozen snow in Switzerland.

The only real way at LF is build one and measure it !!

Alan
G3NYK

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Tishken KD4WOV's blackberry device" <[email protected]>