LF: RE: Folded monopole - Food for thought

To: <[email protected]>, <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: RE: Folded monopole - Food for thought
From: "Clemens Paul" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 21:20:49 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Andy,

I seem to remember that NEC modelling done by a real expert in this area,
W4RNL (sk), years ago revealed that a 'linear' (ungrounded) monopole of the
same height as a folded
monopole has a significant higher gain if the height is below 60 degrees (0.17
lambda)
(excluding losses in the matching circuitry).
But I've never modeled these antennas myself.

73
Clemens
DL4RAJ