RE: LF: Thank you

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: Thank you
From: "James Cowburn" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2015 07:36:18 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Roger

For the last year I’ve been fighting off a brain tumour and it’s attendant occasional seizures and the kindness of my local friends including the venerable G3XIZ, M0JXM and M0FMT has been huge, as well as lots of help and guidance on matters LF/MF from yourself and others on this forum.

Due to ongoing seizure risk my XYL and neighbours have “banned me” from all things to do with roof and ladders (wisely!)  so others have been very helpful with repairing antennae, which always seem to fail exactly when one cannot go up an fix them!

Good to see you’re fighting on and I would like to thank Dave and others for the idea of an “LF Day”.   I also bought the amp that Dave had suggested for the Elad and will try to get that commissioned before Sunday if at all poss (this weekend is James junior’s 15th birthday so I’m on other duties too)

Once I have my LF and MF systems working as I’d like then I’m determined to do some earth loop experiements with XIX @ VLF.  (we are only some 3 miles apart and should be able to make contact even if by “utility assist”).

Best regards and 73s all and hope to see some of you on LF/MF on Sunday

Cheers

Jim G7NKS