Re: LF: LF tonite

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: LF tonite
From: John Andrews <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 12:27:29 -0400
Sender: [email protected]
Markus,

Wonder what the little dash below Stefan's "F" was... possibly local QRM
from some MFSK PLC system? We sometimes seem to find a number of
unexplained scattered dashes on North American QRSS spectrograms.
Yes, I live in the land of unexplained dashes, at least here in
Massachusetts. Mixed in with the normal RF pollution are signal patterns
that seem to suggest some form of control or communication. I was
watching some signals near WD2XKO's frequency a week or so ago. Other
than a roughly 10 minute spacing between start times, I couldn't find
any real pattern. I don't recall such things from years ago, so it's
possible that this is something new. Inquiries on the Lowfer reflector
showed that the near-XKO signals were very local to me. Perhaps they are
artifacts of something larger which I would see by looking at wider
bandwidths, and I'll start looking.
The truly paranoid among U.S. Amateurs might think that these are PLC
related signals moved into this range to provide yet more arguments
against a 2200M ham band here. Hmmmm....
John, W1TAG