Re: VLF: W4DEX to IK1QFK at 8822Hz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: VLF: W4DEX to IK1QFK at 8822Hz
From: Paul Nicholson <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2014 20:20:56 +0000
Cc: Renato Romero <[email protected]>
Sender: [email protected]
Last night: 2014-12-19/20

Cumiana IK1QFK - best S/N was 11.2dB from 00:17 to 05:47 in
50.5uHz,

 http://abelian.org/vlf/tmp/141220a.gif

Signal was a bit lower than previous night and the noise
a bit higher.

Forest VA KE4RJQ -

 http://abelian.org/vlf/tmp/141220b.png

Tx switches off about 11:00 UT so I guess the weather
has turned bad at W4DEX.

Todmorden - was a bit weaker here too but good S/N continues
until carrier off at 11:00

 http://abelian.org/vlf/tmp/141220c.png

No results from DL4YHF at Bielefeld, the receiver has
developed a fault.

That's probably the end of this run of tests.  The tx at
W4DEX has done very well, running for many hours with no
problems and giving a regular repeatable signal in the UK
and frequent detections in Germany and Italy.

I wonder if anyone will be tempted to try the more difficult
east-to-west path this winter?

--
Paul Nicholson
http://abelian.org/