Re: LF: XE3 ops. EL60

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: XE3 ops. EL60
From: Laurence KL7 L <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2014 12:23:18 -0600
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Stefan  im in EL60IJ near Akumal Q.R and definitely a minimalistic  set up !
(6 inch x 6 inch box contains everything save the fishing pole)

Rig is SDR iQ and Corona bottle probe on a stick so nothing wonderful but I was
here  in past years and dcf39 was pretty reasonable some nights around 02-04Z
and a few dBs stronger than ops from TI3

Im thinking dfcw60 136.142 window and can prob run a Op32 instance at the same
time. I will be on batt power so limited time!

The antennae is still going to be a little blocked but certainly better than
most of the USA which has to pass thru a lot of reinforced Adobe at most wave
angles.

Chances - slim but hey you know how that goes and weve been successful in a lot
of countries where I didnt things would work and vice versa. We are working
here for another 10 days so more chances esp if the el sol quietens  down.

I might have a screen up on http://kl7l.com/LF00000.jpg but again no promises
depends on the wind direction from the not so local cell tower

Laurence KL7L/XE3
4/8 CiSt 25C 180/10 and rather pleasant though a little hot running...