Re: LF: ZEVS RX ant question, now success

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: ZEVS RX ant question, now success
From: wolf_dl4yhf <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2014 00:41:02 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Stefan and all,

you wrote:

Yes, a good idea. I will try to catch it :-) But how do i know that it is the US mains instead of a 60 Hz monitor? Is the 60 Hz from the mains more stable?
I guess the opposite: Similar to our Eu mains frequency, the US 60 Hz signal "wanders around" very slowly, as the load changes, but in the long run they also keep the frequency stable, nation-wide. Not sure about the maximum excursion from the nominal frequency (I lost the notes and screenshots years ago when a harddisk died) and how many mHz per minute the frequency may drift. But you can see the weak 60 Hz trace in Renato Romero's ZEVS spectrogram at

http://www.vlf.it/zevs/zevs.htm

73,
  Wolf .