LF: KH6 Ops BL10SP

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: KH6 Ops BL10SP
From: Laurence KL7 L <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 21:32:48 -0800
Sender: [email protected]
 What ho = Im hoping to set up a mobile magmounted rx system in the hotel carpark on the South Side of Maui Hawaii from probably night of the 20th Sept for about 10 days or less - Ill be looking for W/VK and ZL and Eu ( not a lot of chance but never say never)   - W is effectively blocked by the Volcano to the East and a number of cinder cones similar to my situation here  with the high mountains and glaciers.

The system is a proven L400B on a single magmount about 3 ft about the roof of the Rental car - a lump of thin 316 into a W1VD injector with common mode series chokes into the  SDR IQ/WSPR/Argo using VAC4.10 external battery pack hopefully to keep the system alive for about 10 hours a night -  there is no guarantee Ill be on every night due to beach or other activities (hic!) and they have installed new LED lighting in the Mekana hotel  which may be problematic but Ill find a way round that.

 I don't think Ill have live decodes or uploads as Im a little outside the 802.11 range and I don't have a LTE interface yet. We will see

Tests to date from here in Alaska  down the West coast have been positive and from the UK I decoded USA stations on 137kHz and from 3D2 to ZL whilst mobile using a similar system so Im at least hopeful...  Ill give it a go in any case.

Ive been on most nights from here in KL7 on WSPR2on 630m  but conditions have been poor with high losses due to numerous nasty particles including Pesky Protons. TX power here is 300W (chocked back till the leaves drop) into a near  quarter wave inv L

Good luck

Laurence KL7L WE2XPQ Wasilla Alaska